A couple of times in the past few weeks, we’ve received surprised reaction from existing clients when we’ve been talking with them about updating their program and have told them that “We’ll do the writing for your on hold scripts, just point us in the direction of where to get the information.” In today’s self-service world, many on hold providers make you “do it yourself.” But at On Hold Marketing, we offer a total turnkey service. That service starts with the process of gathering information for your script, and doing the actual writing. Providing us with a simple list of topics and a few bullet points on each topic gets us on the way to providing your on hold script for your approval.
Here are a few ideas to jump start your on hold scripts topics list:
- list your core services or products
- what is your geographical service footprint?
- let us know about your presence on social media platforms
- what makes doing business with your company unique…(better than the competition)?
Next, follow your topics list with a few bullet points that allow us to add engaging content.
- specifically how do your products solve a problem? (are there economies of cost, time or personnel?)
- do you serve your geographical footprint with a fleet of trucks or branches?
- do your social media platforms offer opportunities to sign up for a newsletter or special offers?
- is your location more convenient that competitors, can you site landmarks that make you easy to find?
- how is your business unique? more years in business?, more people?, certified in any special area of expertise?
Our writers know how to create engaging on hold scripts no matter what business you’re in.
While we may not be experts in every industry, we are experts at writing succinct, effective On Hold scripts. We’re smart enough, and experienced enough, to know how to ask the right questions that will lead to effective messages…messages that will spur your callers to make inquiries when you return to their call. Please don’t delay updating your On Hold program because you don’t have time to write the script. We KNOW you don’t have time…but we do. Just call us at 800-342-0098 and we’ll make it happen for you painlessly, I promise.
Rich is the President of On Hold Marketing, a marketing focused audio studio helping businesses and practices take advantage of their telephone system’s On Hold capabilities. Prior to On Hold Marketing, Rich spent 20 years in telecommunications working for such giants as Williams Communications, NextiraOne, Bell Atlantic and Nortel Networks. 804-273-6900